Exercises You've Never Tried Before

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 11
Author
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/03/22 17:54:56 (permalink)
Inderdaad, maar kvraag me af of het niet eerder in de rubriek "evenwichtsoefeningen" thuis hoort.

Die enige echte originele hack squat heb ik een tijdje geleden ook geprobeerd. Mijn armen zijn te kort, of mijn billen zijn te dik, het ging in ieder geval niet goed.

ORIGINAL: Espi
Lower Trap Raises

Think shrugs are all you need to build impressive traps? Well, that’s what you get for thinkin’! Shrugs are good, but you need to also focus on the lower traps for complete development. This exercise can help you do that.
Start by facing forward on an incline bench. Grip two dumbbells with the thumbs up (like in a hammer curl). Keeping your arms straight with the elbows slightly bent, raise the dumbbells toward the ceiling at a 45-degree angle from your head (the 10:00 and 2:00 positions of a clock.) Retract your shoulder blades (squeeze them together) at the top position. Try to pause for two seconds at the top of each rep. If you can’t, use lighter dumbbells.

Espi
(2x2)x5-10

One of the very rare occasions the lightest dumbbell seemed good enough for me. This could be a rotator-cuff destroyer.. or
perhaps, an excellent rotator cuff protector if done light enough?

Opinion negative-positive. As a shoulder exercise it seems like a good way to hurt yourself. It might be very good as a rehab exercise with teeny weights.

Die lower trap raises doen me denken aan de YTWL's die Alwyn Cosgrove propageerde in het (p)rehab gedeelte van "8 weeks to monster shoulders" http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=818555

Ik doe die sinds een maand of twee opnieuw wekelijks en ben recent overgestapt van 3kg naar 4kg met 10 reps ! ! !

If you can’t, use lighter dumbbells. super blij super blij super blij

Sharkie
Stille wateren, grote haaien.
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/03/22 17:56:36 (permalink)
hoezo heb jij hem dan weleens geprobeerd dan?
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/03/22 18:09:52 (permalink)
Nee, die lower trap raises heb ik nog niet geprobeerd, maar die YTWL's wel. En dan heb je dus inderdaad de klenere gewichtjes nodig. En de stap van 3kg naar 4, daar heb ik dus inderdaad weken en weken over gedaan...

Y

T

W

LI  & LII
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/03/27 13:45:23 (permalink)
Excercises You've Never Tried Before #4

Wrong Way" Pull Over

This movement was "discovered" by doing dumbbell pullovers the wrong way. With traditional pullovers, the lifter attempts to keep the arms relatively straight, but if he bends the elbows and keeps them fixed, he'll get one heck of a triceps exercise!
Lie on a flat bench and hold one dumbbell with both hands. The elbows should be pointed behind your head and the upper arms should remain relatively fixed throughout the movement. Lower the dumbbell into an extreme stretch position, pause, then bring it back up and squeeze your triceps for two seconds at the top. Given that the arms are kept at an angle, tension remains on the triceps for the entire movement. The end result is that the movement is much more effective than traditional seated dumbbell extensions.
Go heavy with this one and shoot for four to six reps per set.

Espi
9x 6 – 7

Ouch.. with the slight pain from doing oblique crunches on Sunday, this really felt like ripping apart my rib cage. Only a 9kg db was hard. Only thing I had a problem with is knowing how far up to raise the db. Above the face or keep the arm extended backwards all the time.

Opinion positive, feels more effective than a regular pullover. If I want to do those again, I’ll definitely do them this way.

Reverse Incline Hammer Curl

Take an incline bench and adjust it so that it's at a 60 to 70-degree angle. Then, after grabbing a pair of dumbbells, sit backward on the bench so that your chest is leaning against the bench. Let the dumbbells hang straight down, and using a hammer grip, curl both dumbbells up so that they touch your shoulders.
This is a cool movement for a variety of reasons. First of all, it's impossible to use body English on them. Secondly, it makes it really difficult to recruit the front deltoids, which allows for a more "pure" biceps movement. It also allows you to draw the elbows back a bit as you curl the weights up, which helps recruit the long head of the biceps, which seems to be underdeveloped in most bodybuilders. And lastly — and this is subtle — it forces you to straighten the arm out completely. Most lifters have some sort of a Popeye syndrome where they almost never fully extend their arms, but by doing this movement — straightening the arm out completely — it may actually feel like the elbow is hyperextended.

Espi
(2x6)x14
(2x7)x11

Apart from the funny way you sit, a good exercise Feels better than a normal hammer curl, even with less weight.

Opinionneutral-positive. Too much isolation work to my liking, but if you must do a hammer curl, this is a good alternative.

More coming up this week blij
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/03/27 19:27:07 (permalink)
Nog wat plaatjes van de "lower trap raises".

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=285307395B29961EF57B5780085C14AB.hydra?id=1507006

Train Your Middle and Lower Traps
As a gross generalization, I'm not a fan of "isolating" muscle groups. The reasons are twofold. First, it's virtually impossible to isolate any muscle group, so it's often nothing more than a lesson in futility.
Second, the human body is designed to function most effectively when many muscles and joints are working in tandem. Nevertheless, it's sometimes beneficial to do your best to isolate certain muscle groups. Why? Because traditional, compound movements can sometimes leave key muscle groups under-stimulated. If you're unsure what "under-stimulated" means, think back to the time when your girlfriend made you sit through Stella Got Her Groove Back.
Okay, bad example. What I mean is that certain muscle groups must be sufficiently strong for optimal joint health and function. And sometimes these muscle groups are difficult bastards to target. Your middle and lower trapezius fibers comprise one such animal.

Before I tell you how to train your middle and lower traps, I must mention that there's no magic bullet when it comes to shoulder health. You can't strengthen one area and expect all of the surrounding muscle groups to function optimally. A huge component of shoulder health depends on proper scapular function. And for your scapula to move efficiently, your external rotators, serratus anterior, and traps must all be in balance.
In the last installment of "Waterbury Rules," I told you how to strengthen your serratus anterior and rotator cuff muscles (your upper traps probably have sufficient strength). Now it's time to hit the middle and lower traps because they're notoriously weak on almost everyone.
The purpose of strengthening your middle and lower traps is simple: their weakness can contribute to scapular dysfunction, and that can lead to all sorts of nasty problems.
Here's how you hit those bastards:
Dumbbell Trap Raise
Frequency: 3x/week
Reps: 6-12
Load: 6-12RM
Description: Lie face down on a 45-60 degree incline bench. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and lift your arms up to 10 and 2 o'clock. Hold the top position for 1-2 seconds before you lower the dumbbells. Keep your elbows locked throughout the movement. It's important to not drop your arms all the way down, thus keeping tension on your traps.

En op mijn bekentenis dat ik de YTWL doe met 4kg db-tjes.

"Keep at it. The fact that you can't use much load is proof that you really need to strengthen those trap fibers. Although, no one is going to use huge loads, if they do it correctly.

I have very strong mid/lower traps and I only use 35 pound dumbbells, depending on how many reps I perform."

Das dus 16kg he luitjes. Die Chad doet die oefening met 16 kg ! ! ! IN ELKE KLAUW ! ! !

Ik draai hem iig in mijn schema.
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/04/01 12:37:10 (permalink)
Die towel-chin-ups, da's gewoon ouderwets Achterhoeks Spiekerbokshang'n. blij (kan je natuurlijk ook proberen, met een spijkerbroek)  Maar 't lijkt mij eigenlijk wel wat, andere handpositie, meer griptraining, en als 'r geen v-gripje is kan je toch smal optrekken.
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/04/12 15:16:58 (permalink)
While this was the only exercise from the series, I even did 3 new exercises.
I first started with 2 new dynamic stretching exercises, called spiderman crawl and Frankensteins.

Here’s a video of the Spiderman Crawl.
It wasn’t even that easy and here I really noticed how stiff my hip joints are.. really need to work on loosening these up again with the neglected Mensendieck exercises.

Frankensteins
Extend your arms out in front of your chest. In the process of your walk, swing one leg into the air keeping the leg as straight as possible to achieve a hamstring stretch, and attempt to hit your hands.

Really easy exercise! Superfast way to stretch hamstrings.

And finally at the end, tried out how an assisted pull up works in the gym’s cable station. It involves putting on a belt and attaching the cables to the rings on the belt. It is a bit tricky to set up, but doable when you really can’t do pull-ups at all or want to crank out 10 (I can manage 4 with a lot of effort). Obviously our gym doesn’t have an assisted pullup machine.
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/04/13 15:35:40 (permalink)
Spiderman Crawl ziet 'r eigenlijk wel vet uit.
blackrose
Middle Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/04/22 10:30:06 (permalink)
Ik weet niet of ik dit hier mag posten. Anders moeten de admins het maar verplaatsen.
Ik heb in elk geval weer wat bijgeleerd.
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1524088
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/06/11 13:55:03 (permalink)
Het is alweer 2 maanden geleden dat ik hier iets gepost heb.

De reden is dat ik met een nieuw trainingsprogramma ben begonnen, namelijk New Rules of Lifting van Cosgrove en Schuler, waarin ook allerlei 'exercises you've never tried before' staan. Qua trainingsvolume stelt het geen ruk voor tov wat ik gewend was te doen, namelijk vaak wel ruim 30 sets. Maar je wil niet weten hoe moe je ervan kan worden!
Ook ben ik weer met cardio begonnen. Met als gevolg dat er echt geen puf meer over is om nog iets aan de serie te doen.

Zolang ik nog het Fat Loss programma zit zal ik cardio blijven doen. In september zal ik aan de Hypertrofie beginnen en dan schiet er mogelijk weer wel wat tijd over voor deze leuke oefeningen.

Toch even een paar leuke oefeningen melden die ik gedaan heb:

- 2-point dumbbell row with elbow out = staande db bent over row met 1 hand op de rug en met de handpalm naar achteren en elleboog naar buiten. Stuk zwaarder dan conventionele db row, vnl omdat je staat ipv met knie op bankje rust en ook vanwege de handpositie

- pushups. Nooit erg veel van gedaan omdat ik dacht dat die niet zo veel toevoegen. Mispoes. Als vrouw heb je nu eenmaal weinig kracht in het bovenlijf en het is wel mooi ongeveer 70% van je lichaamsgewicht. Gecheckt met de weegschaal. Zelfs een girly pushup dwz op de knieën is nog altijd 50% van je lichaamsgewicht. Geen wonder dat ik dood was na 15 gewone pushups!

- front squats: niet nieuw voor mij, maar toch vrij ongebruikelijk
- supine hip extension w leg curl ofwel Swiss bal leg curl : opnieuw, geen nieuwe oefening voor mij maar geen normale oefening voor de meesten
- push press: zeg maar military press met een 'hupje'. Hmm.. paar keer gedaan, maar uit benauwdheid voor schade aan de polsen toch maar weer gewone standing military press. Dit omdat het terugleggen van de halters in het rek na een front squat geen sinecure is.
- snatch grip DL (ofwel DL met zeer wijde greep zoals bij een snatch) : niet moeilijk, wel lastig in te schatten welk gewicht je aan kan en een ultieme traps oefening. Lang geleden dat ik daar zoveel spierpijn had
- T-pushup: denk gewone pushup en dan een kanteling zijwaarts aan beide kanten. Lastig!
- Bulgarian split squat with overhead press : goeie genade, dit is een oefening waar je rustig een half jaar kan uittrekken voor je die een beetje redelijk kan doen.. man man man, als je dit gedaan hebt ben je gevloerd. Ik althans wel. Kan 'm vooralsnog alleen een beetje rechts en val om als ik die links doe. Maar blijf hardnekkig oefenen. Vraag me over een half jaar maar of ik al gevorderd ben naar meer dan 5 kg dumbbells.
- underhand grip LPD, niet bijzonder maar wel als je altijd overhandse LPD doet
- Romanian DL/bent over row: ieder apart geen punt, maar een lastige als je die 2 in 1 oefening combineert. Lastig om te zien welk gewicht je kan hebben
- UB en LB Russian twist. Ene op de Swiss ball en ander op de vloer. Beiden erg effectieve buikspieroefeningen

Zo, koopt u allen het boek New Rules of Lifting en lees zelf verder.

Sharkie
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/08/25 22:27:25 (permalink)
V-handle squat

Met nog een filmpje:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdAtiCnFmAM

Jas
Light Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/08/26 19:52:28 (permalink)
Ziet er wel vet uit.
Sharkie
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/09/16 13:05:08 (permalink)
Dit is ook wel een leuke

http://www.finnishpower.net/pics/patteri200.mpg

Schijnt toch 200 kilo te zijn!

(is een filmpje dat opent in mediaplayer)
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/09/22 11:01:24 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Sharkie

Dit is ook wel een leuke

http://www.finnishpower.net/pics/patteri200.mpg

Schijnt toch 200 kilo te zijn!

(is een filmpje dat opent in mediaplayer)

Lijkt me toch beter om gewicht maar stevig vast te houden. Hij staat daar ook een beetje onnatuurlijk met de schouders opgetrokken en het hoofd vooruit.
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/09/24 13:21:31 (permalink)
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1729558

Hij staat weliswaar niet in de originele serie, maar dit lijkt me toch een enorme mix van hel & leuk!. blij 't IS een filmpje, en ik ben niet zo goed met pasten van filmpjes, dus vandaar de link.
Stan
judon t beat me. Ever.
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/09/24 13:26:14 (permalink)
ik vraag mij trouwens af waarop ze dat eigenlijk doen? Lijkt wel een speciaal platform met speciale lijnen op etc. 
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/09/24 13:26:52 (permalink)
Lijkt mij gewoon vloerbedekking. Maar wel met sportsrepen , dat dan weer wel. blij
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/09/24 17:01:54 (permalink)
Overigens: in aflevering 13 zit de supine row AKA body row AKA fat man pull up. Die kan je perfect gebruiken om als je moeite hebt om je tig keer op te trekken daar te oefenen. Er wordt wel geadviseerd om dit dmv lat pull down machine te oefenen maar het is gewoon een heel ander gevoel. De supine row voelt hetzelfde.
Een heel prettige variant is om als je toch al een aantal reps haalt met optrekken maar niet verder komt, supine rows te doen met extra gewicht.

Hier ben ik sinds een maandje mee begonnen. De hamvraag is dan: hoe verzwaar je zodra je grotere gewichten nodig hebt. Tot een kilo of 25 kan je dit in een rugzak kwijt. Leg die dan wel op je borst, anders gaat de rugzak enorm aan je trekken en bovendien zijn rugzakjes iha niet zo heel goed bestand tegen zulke zware gewichten.
Marcus
Natural born chiller
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2007/09/24 21:42:32 (permalink)
ijkt me toch beter om gewicht maar stevig vast te houden. Hij staat daar ook een beetje onnatuurlijk met de schouders opgetrokken en het hoofd vooruit

Ja, denk je? super blij
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/01/10 12:39:39 (permalink)
*ongelukje* 

Ik was de exercises aan 't inpassen, en heb toen per ongeluk alle onderliggende posts meeverwijderd. Excuus!
We hadden 't in elk geval over 't nut van de rare oefeningen.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 11
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0