Exercises You've Never Tried Before

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 11
Author
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/02/12 09:44:20 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Wreckless

Wat denken we van iso push up ? ? ?

Volgens dit artikel http://www.t-nation.com/article/most_recent/exercise_of_the_week_the_iso_pushup zou het goed zijn voor stabiliteit in je schouders als je die houding anderhalve minuut aanhoudt en dat zo'n 3x per week.

Ik vind het een vreemde oefening. Hebben de meeste gymdwellers een extra oefening voor borst, vk schouders, triceps nodig voor een betere schouderstabiliteit ? ? ?

Ik ben zeker van plan ze er eens in te gooien, denk dat mijn bankdrukken er wel baat bij heeft, en een vriendinnetje van me deed scaptions, bijv, en ging daarmee op alle compounds zienbaar vooruit. Ga haar deze ook aanraden.
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/02/12 10:57:21 (permalink)
en wat zijn scaptions ? ? ?
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/02/12 11:49:08 (permalink)
In opdrukstand schouderbladen naar elkaar toebrengen waarbij je dus ietjses doorzakt met gestrekte armen. Een goede schouder revalidatie-oefening.
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/02/12 12:47:59 (permalink)
NIET doorzakken, maar uit allemacht knijpen. Bij doorzakken levert 't geheid problemen op.
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/19 22:04:17 (permalink)
Zou gezworen hebben dat ik dit eergisteren gepost had...

RARE OEFENINGEN (deze maar in het Engels gelaten)
Excercises You've Never Tried Before #13

The Fly-Away

Description This is a Jerry Telle exercise that crosses a dumbbell press and flye. Press the
dumbbells up normally. Once you reach the top, pause, then lower the weight with the eccentric motion of a dumbbell flye. Repeat the sequence on all reps: bench the weight up normally, flye it down slowly. Ouch. 

Practice
(8x2)x2 & ouch
(7x2)x5, hrmpf
(6x2)x12, hmmm
Damn , looks deceptively easy. I’d not done db flies in ages so this one caught me by surprise. By the 2nd rep of the 8kg set my arm suddenly fell downwards with high speed
The 7kg was hard , but doable, yet not with perfect form.
The 6kg finally was much better, but now almost too easy. One would want to work with micro-plates here.

Opinion neutral-positive. If you are hell-bent on doing db flyes, this is a better & more complete alternative.

Seated Half-Press

Description
This is a favorite of Louie Simmons and Charles Poliquin. It may look like a shoulder exercise but it's excellent for packing meat on the lateral head of the triceps, the area where most lifters are lacking. A well-developed lateral head can also make you look wider. And women dig wide.
Set up an adjustable incline bench inside a power rack. Adjust the pins in the power rack so that the bar is at hairline level for the starting position. Your grip on the bar should be about shoulder-width and the elbows should be pointing outward.
Now simply press the weight up. Just make sure that you use a two to four second "dead stop" in the bottom position with the bar resting on the pins. No bouncing! 

Practice
Took a while to set up, as this had to be done in the Smith for lack of an incline bench press station. Did
12,5x12
15x9
Only 1 arm: 10 x 2 for left, 4 for right
Only afterwards I understood that I was supposed to keep it in the bottom position for up to 4 seconds.. even without that I got a wicked pump going!

Opinion neutral-positive: feels like a good triceps exercise, but I didn’t like the messing around with the exact position.

Crippled Incline Curl

Description
We call these "crippled" inclines because not only will you look a little physically challenged while doing them, but because they’ll also cause you to have trouble functioning in the days that follow.
For the most part, these are done like conventional incline dumbbell curls. You just lie on an incline bench with a dumbbell in each hand. However, before you curl the weights upward, bend your wrists backward as far as they’ll go and keep them that way for the duration of the movement. This not only takes the forearm flexors out of the movement, but it also makes the movement much more difficult. You’ll undoubtedly have to use less weight.
While doing conventional incline dumbbell curls, the tendency is to have the elbow move forward during the lifting part of the motion, but that isn’t so much the case with "crippled dumbbell inclines," which makes the exercise that much more effective.
While this exercise is good for working that all-important long head of the biceps, the bent-wrist action also tends to bring in, kicking and screaming, the brachialis.

Practice
3x10 for each side. Found it difficult to understand at first how to exactly do it. Didn’t really feel as crippled with it as they make you believe.

Opinion negative : can’t be bothered to do this kind of small stuff again

And now, just for completeness sake the exercises I did *NOT* do , nor will ever do, but just want to add …

Resistance Band Bench Press

Description
You don't have to be a powerlifter to benefit from the unique stimulus band training provides. You also don't have to bother with setting up two bands on a barbell bench press. Instead, try it with dumbbells and a single band.
Just wrap the band around your back and grab the dumbbells. The band is held in place between your palms and the bar. This is a great trick to use to blast through loading plateaus.
Search this site for several great band training articles by Tate and Thibaudeau to learn all the benefits of band training.

Practice None as our gym simply doesn’t have bands.

Opinion neutral: I’ve heard & read about others using them and suppose they are decent for helping to overcome plateaus.

The Kip

Description
This isn't so much an exercise, but rather a test of general athletic ability. According to Coach Davies, it involves proportionate strength-to-weight ratio, range of motion and coordination.
Lie flat on the ground, roll back slightly, and explode your hips and legs upwards so you land on your feet.
Too easy? Hold a medicine ball between your feet and throw it for distance as you come up!

Practice I don’t see myself doing those in the gym. I’m one of those klutzes that would get hurt.. seriously hurt.  At least in the gym. I do see myself trying it on something like a trampoline or on the beach.

Opinion neutral: I guess it’s a good exercise to try when you’ve got softer material to fall back into.

Hand Stand Push Up

Description
Some people think you can't get a great shoulder workout without weights. Well, if you have a wall then you have a great piece of shoulder training equipment. A million prisoners with big delts can't be wrong!
Place your hands on the ground about a foot from the wall and kick up into a handstand so that your heels are on the wall. Once in place in this handstand position, lower your body down until your head is almost touching the ground, then push back up.

Toss a few of these lucky exercises into your next workout and plow through boredom and training plateaus!

Practice bad shoulders prevent me from even trying.. but man, I’m drooling. Wow, you’d be one of the kool kidz on the block if you can do those. Actually, I asked a girl working out if she knew someone who could and she immediately showed me her bf. They both do capoeira sessions and indeed he looked like someone with a gymnastic past.
But he said that he was too tired at the moment from the workout to demonstrate it. Gave some tips on how to advance, viz. not go all the way down but only do half reps with limited ROM. Or do it like my example, Mel did, and start in the Smith on the hooks.

Opinion positive: sorry, I’m getting carried away here. Definitely a wonderful exercise if you have strong shoulders and no equipment available.

Vond dat ik me er eergisteren met een jantje-van-Leiden af had gemaakt bij met name de pushups dus wou dat nog eens dunnetjes overdoen. Maar eerst de pull & catch nog een keer.

Excercises You've Never Tried Before #13
The Pull & Catch 

Description Coach Davies uses this exercise to teach the power clean, but it makes a cool movement all on its own. This one requires calm execution and focus. No sissies please.
Hold a dumbbell in front of you at hip height or start from the floor position with the opposite hand behind your back. Drive the hips through and upwards, pulling the weight up. Once it drives past your waist, release the dumbbell and bring the opposite hand around to catch it as it descends.
Yes, you read that right. Yes, Coach Davies is insane.

Practice deze keer 3 sets van elk 2 of 3 reps met resp 5, 7 en 8 kg. Pas bij 8 kg voelde ik wat.
Volgende keer nog eens met 8,9 en 10kg doen.

Hand Stand Push Up

Description
Some people think you can't get a great shoulder workout without weights. Well, if you have a wall then you have a great piece of shoulder training equipment. A million prisoners with big delts can't be wrong!
Place your hands on the ground about a foot from the wall and kick up into a handstand so that your heels are on the wall. Once in place in this handstand position, lower your body down until your head is almost touching the ground, then push back up.

Toss a few of these lucky exercises into your next workout and plow through boredom and training plateaus!

Practice
Heb nog eens doorgelezen wat Mel gedaan had en begon dus heel schlemielig met de allerlaagste verhoging die beschikbaar was.

1 4 push ups vanaf lopoband @ scheenhoogte
2 4 push ups vanaf bankje @ net onder kniehoogte
3 4 push ups vanaf Pilates bankje @ kniehoogte
4 4 push ups vanaf zitplek ab apparaat @ heuphoogte
en toen nadat ik moest wachten op iemand die het bizarre idee had om te gaan bankdrukken in de Smith knipoog

5 4 push ups vanaf haak 6 in de Smith en
6 4 push ups vanaf haak 7 in de Smith @ ongeveer navelhoogte

Eigenlijk net als bij de pull & catch... had zo iets van 'was dat nu alles'. Zolang ik niet te veel reps wil doen, is dit dus best te doen. Sterker nog, ga dit vaker doen.. enige punt is... hoe krijg ik mijn voet over de haak heen als ik bijv op borsthoogte of nog hoger wil komen? Mja, denk dat het toch echt wel lastiger zal worden dan nu (of zou ik nu zo gesmokkeld hebben?).
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/19 22:10:46 (permalink)
Ze zijn dus al gepost!.. alleen die van ervoor nog niet! 
Kijk eens.. nu dus ook de handstand pushups gedaan, althans, een poging daartoe.
Oom Oli
Gare Haan
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/19 23:00:16 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Espi

RARE OEFENINGEN
Excercises You've Never Tried Before #12

Leg Throws

Omschrijving This is a classic ab training exercise often used by boxers. Lie on the ground and get someone to stand over your head with his feet on either side of your ears. If it's a female, take this opportunity to look up her shorts.

super blij
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/19 23:14:03 (permalink)
Oom Oli je hebt de laatste foto nog niet met een loep bekeken hè
Oom Oli
Gare Haan
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/19 23:50:07 (permalink)
nee, hoezo?
Oom Oli
Gare Haan
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/24 18:17:17 (permalink)

Reverse Cable Side Bends

Is dat niet Wreckless??
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/25 09:09:17 (permalink)

Zou gezworen hebben dat ik dit eergisteren gepost had...

Heb je ook, en ik zou gezworen hebben dat ik ze ingepast heb.

*checkt*

Wel heb je ooit! Ik héb ze ingepast. Althans, de oefeningen die je gedaan hebt.
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/25 09:41:44 (permalink)
D'r zijn er toch een paar die wel gedaan zijn maar er niet in staan , zoals bijv ball smash en hand stand pushup (OK, niet helemaal maar toch tot halverwege).
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/25 09:46:24 (permalink)
Ball Smash staat daar niet tussen -of ik keek er overheen-, en hand stand push-up stond letterlijk
"bad shoulders prevent me from even trying.. but man, I’m drooling. Wow, you’d be one of the kool kidz on the block if you can do those. Actually, I asked a girl working out if she knew someone who could and she immediately showed me her bf. They both do capoeira sessions and indeed he looked like someone with a gymnastic past.
But he said that he was too tired at the moment from the workout to demonstrate it. Gave some tips on how to advance, viz. not go all the way down but only do half reps with limited ROM. Or do it like my example, Mel did, and start in the Smith on the hooks"

Niet gedaan = niet ingepast. Wel gedane oefeningen heb ik wel ingepast, en naderhand je verzamelpost verwijderd.

Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/25 10:15:14 (permalink)
De handstand staat er 2x in. Heb de volgende keer 'm in diverse varianten tot halverwege gedaan dwz met de Smith .
Ball smash heb ik gedaan met een bal die er niet voor geschikt is, da's dus een iffy toestand.
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/25 10:34:26 (permalink)
Je blijft erover dimdammen. Ik heb gezegd: 1e keer níet ingepast, wegens niet gedaan (en quote bijgevoegd), tweede keer heb ik hem wel ingevoegd.
Wat mij betreft, einde onderwerp, anders via pm.
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/25 11:00:03 (permalink)
't Is al goed hoor.. vind het gewoon jammer dat er zelfs geen beoordeling komt te staan. Maar goed, misschien voelt iemand anders zich wel geroepen?
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/25 11:01:44 (permalink)
Een beoordeling van wat?
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/25 13:46:19 (permalink)
Nou, voorzover dat mogelijk is van een oefening die je niet doet, of die niet gelukt is..

Bijvoorbeeld de ball smash lukt niet met een bal die totaal niet stuitert.
Of de supine twisting med ball pike (wat een naam), waarbij de bal steeds van de voet af valt.
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/25 21:54:31 (permalink)
RARE OEFENINGEN
Excercises You've Never Tried Before #14
Unilateral triceps extension

Description Here's a "fun" twist to the popular triceps extension. Lay on a bench with one arm straight up in the air holding a dumbbell. Allow the dumbbell to be lowered to the opposite shoulder, going across the chest. Keep the working arm elbow high and still. Avoid dropping the dumbbell repeatedly on your schnoz.  

Practice
6kgx 12 L /8 R
Omdat ik rechts sterker ben, had ik zeker verwacht dat ik daar meer hh zou kunnen. Was behoorlijk verrast dat dit juist mijn zwakkere arm bleek te zijn. Toen begreep ik waarom.. het is ook de rechterschouder die de meeste pijn doet. Kon de rechterarm ook niet zo ver omlaag brengen als links.
De hele oefening doet enorm denken aan exorotatie oefeningen, maar dan andersom, endorotatie.

Opinion neutraal-positef: lijkt me geen echte triceps bouwer maar kan een optie zijn als je bijv alleen maar dumbbells tot je beschikking hebt.

Oom Oli
Gare Haan
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/26 00:37:16 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: SheRu

Je blijft erover dimdammen. Ik heb gezegd: 1e keer níet ingepast, wegens niet gedaan (en quote bijgevoegd), tweede keer heb ik hem wel ingevoegd.
Wat mij betreft, einde onderwerp, anders via pm.

al een geluk dat je in mijn blog niet al mijn rustdagen wist anders bleef er niks meer over!!! super blij
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 11
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0