Exercises You've Never Tried Before

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 11
Author
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/26 08:43:35 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Oom Oli

ORIGINAL: Espi

Reverse Cable Side Bends

Is dat niet Wreckless??

Inderdaad
SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/26 10:42:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SheRu

Je blijft erover dimdammen. Ik heb gezegd: 1e keer níet ingepast, wegens niet gedaan (en quote bijgevoegd), tweede keer heb ik hem wel ingevoegd.
Wat mij betreft, einde onderwerp, anders via pm.

al een geluk dat je in mijn blog niet al mijn rustdagen wist anders bleef er niks meer over!!! super blij

Je brengt me wel op ideeën... knipoog super blij
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/27 23:42:43 (permalink)
Net een interessant filmpje gezien waarin de Turkish Get Up (hoofstuk 1) in details besproken wordt.

http://conditioningresearch.blogspot.com/2007/12/turkish-get-up.html

Turkish Get-Up maakt kennelijk een revival door.. zie ze hier nog niet, maar dat zal nog wel veranderen

O ja, er zijn dus 2 filmpjes , hier is de directe link naar een andere variant die minder druk op de knie zet.

http://conditioningresearch.blogspot.com/2008/01/turkish-get-up-variation.html
post edited by Espi - 2008/03/28 10:59:00
lotteke
Middle Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/03/28 08:53:16 (permalink)
Espi het is omdat ik hier kindjes heb rond kruipen maar ik krijg zin om het meteen te gaan proberen.

Nu ga ik mij de hele dag afvragen of ik dit ook kan. Heb ik wel vaker dan zie ik iets en dan moet ik de hele dag ongeduldig afwachten tot ik kan kijken of ik het kan haha.
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/04/17 21:35:06 (permalink)
En eindelijk de laatste van H15! Oeps, had even het verkeerde commentaar geknipt en geplakt.. dus wie dit las, het had dus anders moeten zijn.
ODD EXERCISES
Excercises You've Never Tried Before #15
Good Morning Squat

Description Here's one you don't see very often: a hybrid squat and good morning!
This John Davies favorite really terrorizes the all-important posterior chain. With a shoulder-width stance, initiate the movement by pushing the back to neutral position, then drop to low squat position and back up. Once you get used to this powerhouse variation, your work loads will go way up! 

Practice
Did those when doing the series of good mornings and after 3 reps thought about turning this into a GM+squat combo.

Opinion neutral-negative: hmm I don't think this is a good exercise to promote. It's already a problem to not make a back squat turn into a GM, w/o even intentionally doing a GM. I'd rather keep those 2 exercises separate, so as to reinforce better form w a true squat. Besides.. the load is too light for squatting.

post edited by Espi - 2008/04/17 22:07:56
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/04/20 16:04:45 (permalink)
Nog een aanvulling. Was aan het zoeken naar een good morning en heb achterhaald dat die GM in het voorbeeld hierboven geen echte GM is omdat die niet tot parallel gaat zoals het hoort.
Hier heb ik een filmpje van iemand die het wel goed doet : hij begint met een echte parallelle GM en doet vervolgens GM+squat combi.

Kijk zelf maar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npKFB6Ph6gE

Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/04/23 19:50:38 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Wreckless

Is dat niet Wreckless??

Inderdaad

Waarmee ik wou bevestigen dat dit inderdaad niet Wreckless is, maar Dave Tate.

Vorige week de YTWL terug in mijn programma en ik had daar flink wat moeite mee, omdat ik moeilijk ademde, zo voorover liggend op dat bankje. En toen zag ik deze oefening: http://www.t-nation.com/article/bodybuilding/violent_variations_iv_more_new_exercises&cr=

The Mid-Back Blaster
At first I used this exercise extensively to prevent shoulder injuries in athletes (it works on external rotation strength as well as scapular stability/fixation), but something happened: I noticed that guys doing this drill prior to every upper body workout started to show a significant increase in mid-back (rhomboids, rear deltoids, middle and lower traps) thickness.
Ever since that time I've been including this great movement not only in athletic programs but in body composition/bodybuilding ones alike.
It is a four-phase movement:
1.) Start with the hips back, knees bent 90 degrees, back flat, head in line with the spine. From that position you row the weight up with the elbows pointing straight out. You row until the elbows are in line with the shoulder joint.
2. From that position (elbows in line with the shoulder joint) you perform an external rotation (upper arm rotating along the axis formed with the elbow and shoulder).
3. From that position (shoulder externally rotated) you press over your head at a 45-degree angle so that at the end of the movement the wrist, elbow, shoulder and hips are aligned and form a 45-degree angle with the floor.
4. From that finished position, return to the starting position by lowering the arms straight down (while keeping the arms straight).

Dus toen deed ik de YTWL, maar dan staande. En dat ging heel veel beter.

B de YTWL doe je eerst een volledige set Y's doet, dan een volledige set T's enz... Bij de mid-back blaster doe je eerst de L, die gaat over in de W, dan de Y en terug naar de uitgangspositie.

Dus de laatste set deed ik L->W->Y->T->L

En dat beviel me prima.

En het is volgens mij een oefening die je zeker nog nooit eerder gedaan hebt. maf!
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/05/13 15:16:00 (permalink)
Vandaag nog over een moeilijke combinatie oefening gelezen: de decksquat .
Houdt in dat je met een kettlebell (of db) een gobletsquat doet, maar ipv omhoog te komen , naar achteren rolt en dan overeind komt, idealiter met een sprong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTeWRN3YUfY

Nog een variant, die makkelijker is vanwege het ontbreken van gewicht en het gebruik van momentum bij het overeind komen. Deze is onderdeel is van een boks-oefening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h82cZBN_5PM
post edited by Espi - 2008/05/13 15:39:17
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/05/17 18:43:31 (permalink)
Not one from the T-Nation series this time but one that got discussed recently and I wanted to copy it. It was done right after the Saxon side bend as it is a bit similar, since this one also targets the oblique ab muscles.
Full contact twist
(watch 1:05-1:30 min section)
Description Put an Olympic bb (with or w/o added weight) in a corner and move it from left to right with both arms above you, making an arc.

Practice just the bb x 6 reps for each side. Heavier than I imagined. Very similar to Saxon side bends, but also reminds me of a wood chop. Feels good, perhaps even better than a Saxon side bend. The only real problem was that there’s only 1 corner in the entire gym suited for this exercise and even then , the bench press station is in the way and it’s not possible to make the ROM as large as I’d have liked.
Opinion positive. Not entirely sure if this can substitute Saxon side bends but it’s an interesting alternative.

Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/05/21 23:17:43 (permalink)
ODD EXERCISES
Excercises You've Never Tried Before #16
The Dumbbell Front Squat

Description Stuck without a rack and need to train legs? Try this doozy of an exercise we picked up from Coach Allen Hedrick.
Clean the dumbbells to the shoulders. Assume a shoulder-width stance, arch the back, and keep the head up. Reach back with the hips and sit back into a squat position, keeping the heels on the floor and the knees behind the toes. Return to the start position and repeat.

Practice did this one with 10kg dumbbells and just 5 reps as I’d done 8 sets of bb front squats before. Felt easier than I’d thought.. but then again, didn’t try the heavier dumbbells which would have been really tough to clean.

Opinion neutral. Cleaning them one at the time and then trying to position them there where they’d hurt the least was the hardest part. Other than that, the front squat itself isn’t difficult..
If you really don’t have a rack, but do have barbells, I’d suggest to just clean the barbell from the floor and go on to do a regular bb front squat. Unless you have a problem with flexibility of the elbows, a bb front squat wil be a lot easier to balance. So, I won’t do them like this.. unless I’d do them off balance as single db front squats after single db cleans or even snatches.

SheRu
Go John Henry!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/06/09 13:04:55 (permalink)
Gym Rule #45 for T-men: If you train like everyone else in the gym, then you’re probably not training very well. Why?
Because the average meathead uses poor form, only trains his chest and biceps, and only knows about six total exercises, most of which he accidentally learned by flipping through a 1987 issue of Muscle & Fiction while looking for bikini pictures.
That’s too bad for him because using a wide variety of exercises helps create a balanced, injury proof physique.
It also keeps you from being bored to death.
Sven777
Light Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/06/16 19:40:42 (permalink)
staan wel leuke dingen tussen hoor !!!
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/06/24 17:42:14 (permalink)
Gisteren zag ik een nieuwe 'rare oefening' , uitgevoerd door Pim's vriendin.
'k Kan 'm in de gauwigheid niet terugvinden in de Exercises You've Never Tried Before dus hier is een afbeelding die alles zegt:

Het enige verschil is wel dat deze in de Smith werd uitgevoerd.

Ze werd door de dame in kwestie zowel met blote voeten als met de schoenen aan uitgevoerd. En dat zonder assistentie, dwz. het lukte haar om de haken weer terug te laten vallen in het rek. Hulde! Hulde!
Sven777
Light Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/06/24 18:19:39 (permalink)
hij zou bij die kerel maar op ze hoofd vallen
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/06/28 20:29:45 (permalink)
Als je de stang zo diep laat zakken, zal je onderrug toch ronden denk ik.
sis
NO Sissy !!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/07/03 00:11:38 (permalink)
Da's een dappere press vooral het terugleggen in de haken lijkt me een aparte kunst.
chris84
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/07/03 15:10:04 (permalink)
Ahhhh die legpress var. Hebben Pim en ik eens gezien op een Flex Wheeler dvd (meteen een 10 setter met zijn 2'n gedaan. Was erg zwaar.  Het is wel handig om een spotter erbij te hebben voor het terug haken in de smith
chris84
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/07/03 15:11:07 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Wreckless

Als je de stang zo diep laat zakken, zal je onderrug toch ronden denk ik.

nee dat gebeurd niet als je goed op je houding let.
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/07/03 15:28:50 (permalink)
De press-variant op zich is super, maar ik zou het zelf never nooit gedurfd hebben zonder een spotter die de halter terug in de haken helpt te rollen.
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/07/13 01:09:51 (permalink)
http://crossfitdesperes.typepad.com/crossfitdesperes/2007/11/index.html

Windmills

Windmills have been a part of my training routine for a couple of years now. I started them when I was introduced to Kettlebell training. Initially, I didn't think my body would move like that. It felt like an impossible movement. It exposed every flexibility deficiency I had. With practice and patience, the movement began to feel more natural. I started with an 8 kg. Kettlebell and it wasn't long before I was heaving the 40 kg. monster. The challenge continued with the 48 kg. bell and soon after, barbells. The windmill is a great exercise for core strength and flexibility. It has great use as a warm up movement and then as a strength building movement. Perhaps the most interesting aspect of development was the improved shoulder stability I was gaining. My shoulders began to feel solid and stable at any angle or load. Heavy weights overhead soon felt lighter and lighter. I have a brother who has had pretty bad recurrent dislocation of one shoulder. I turned him on to kettlebells and windmills and asked him to practice with light weight. Over time he was able to windmill the 55 lb. bell with no problem. He began overhead pressing again. With the exception of one incident, he has not had an episode since. My partner, Brandon, also has dislocation problems. In fact, both shoulders were giving him problems just a few months ago. The story repeats. Brandon overhead presses, performs kipping pull-ups, and reps out snatches. Although his shoulders are protesting from time to time, the results are amazing. We are now working on our CrossFit friend, Bret Kleefuss, on his nagging shoulder. We are waiting to hear good things. I'm not sure exactly what it is about the windmill. Maybe it's the overhead load shifting to a midline load, then back to overhead. I'm  not sure that I really need to know. Sometimes something just works.

en een filmpje: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFgqVkP6bZY

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 11
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0