Exercises You've Never Tried Before

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 11
Author
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/07/24 22:04:21 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: chris84

ORIGINAL: Wreckless

Als je de stang zo diep laat zakken, zal je onderrug toch ronden denk ik.

nee dat gebeurd niet als je goed op je houding let.

Hij let niet goed op zijn houding, want op die foto is het al geberud.

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1866646

Exercise of the Week
Single DB Overhead Squats
by the Editors

Those poor, pathetic bastards who think they're blasting their cores by doing planks and little bitty plastic dumbbell curls while perched on a squishy Bosu Ball!
They're fools, we tell you, fools!
Do you really want to develop a core that practically rivals the Earth's in strength, only without all the hot, molten magna, absurdly strong gravitational pull, and soulless mole people? Don't say yes unless you mean it!

Okay, but only if you mean it!
Get thee two dumbbells, one that weighs about 15 pounds and one that weighs 30. (Sure, sure, those are kind of light, but you need to crawl before you walk.)
Grab one dumbbell in each hand. Raise the lighter dumbbell straight overhead, lock the elbow, and keep it there for the duration of the set.
Let the other dumbbell hang straight down, also for the duration of the set.
Now simply begin squatting as low as you can go (without the weight hitting the floor, for you Orangutan arms out there).
Shoot for about 6 to 10 reps.
Reverse the dumbbells and do another 6 to 10 reps.

Quite simply, just about any movement that involves holding a weight overhead works the core muscles exceedingly well, but Single DB Overhead squats take core exercise to a different level as the second weight works as a counterbalance and tries to tip you over.
The very act of keeping yourself erect is extremely tough on the core musculature. Oh yeah, in case you didn't notice, they also work the quads, glutes, and spinal erectors quite nicely.
As you progress, remember to adhere to the 2 to 1 weight ratio. In other words, the weight of the hanging dumbbell should be twice as much as the weight of the overhead dumbbell.
Now gird those loins and blast that core!
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/09/03 19:55:55 (permalink)
Volgens  mij staat de 1-armige (unilaterale) lat pulldown ook niet in het lijstje van 'bijzondere' oefeningen.
Omdat deze wel sinds kort in mijn eigen schema zit en er voorzover ik weet geen voorbeeld van te zien is op exrx.net of een andere goede site, dan maar een filmpje van Youtube, waar deze op strikte wijze (dus zonder 'body English' te gebruiken) wordt uitgevoerd en eveneens goed wordt uitgelegd.

unilateral lat pulldown

Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/10/10 16:32:05 (permalink)
http://www.staleytraining.com/articles/nick-nilsson/graphics/bar-on-back-close-grip-push-ups/bar-on-back-close-grip-push-ups.wmv

Push-ups met een stang op je rug. Het blijft sukkelen, maar in de smith moet het lukken volgens mij.
prophecy
Middle Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/10/12 11:29:55 (permalink)
der zitten aardig leuke dingen bij.
ik ga der zeker een paar uitproberen.
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/10/12 12:23:25 (permalink)
Pushups met een kind of partner op de rug is toch leuker... maar ja, niet iedereen heeft zoiets bij de hand.

't Wordt tijd weer eens wat te posten want er komt toch wel eens wat nieuw spul voorbij.
Maar los daarvan: hoor de laatste tijd vaak over de 100 pushup challenge. Iemand die er aan meedoet?
Linkje: http://www.hundredpushups.com

Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/11/08 20:01:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Espi

Pushups met een kind of partner op de rug is toch leuker... maar ja, niet iedereen heeft zoiets bij de hand.

Ja hoor Espi, wrijf het er maar in ! ! ! knipoog

Anyway, vandaag deed ik de hyperextension (we hebben zo'n horizontaal model) gecombineerd met de midbackblaster. Het duurde even voor ik de uitvoering onder de knie had, maar het ging goed.
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/11/09 09:30:08 (permalink)
One Arm Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlifts

By Nick Nilsson

The Stiff-Legged Deadlift is one of the best posterior-chain exercises you can do (posterior chain is all the muscle running down the back of your body from the traps, spinal erectors, glutes, hams, down to calves).
There are plenty of variations of it out there but here's one you may not have seen before.
You may have heard of one-leg stiff-legged deadlifts (another great exercise) - this is one ARM instead. You're still using a full-size barbell so balancing that in your hand becomes a big factor.
It demands a lot of stabilization in your lower back and core as well because of your body position when you're putting an uneven tension on your lower back. This is excellent for injury prevention because in life and sports, it is VERY rare where you'll get directly even tension on your body.
So load up a barbell with about 40 to 50% of the weight you'd normally use. You want to start light with this one because your body position and because you're just using one hand to grip the bar.
The start position is the same except you'll grip the bar in the middle with one hand (hence the name...duh). It may take a couple of tries to hit dead center on the bar, just fyi. You'll see me readjust grip in the video.
For me, I find that I need to grip with my index finger in dead center on the bar even though my hand is not dead center on the bar. I find the index finger is the balance point of my grip. You'll see what I mean when you try this one.

I like to put one arm behind my back to help cue keeping the arch in the lower back. I find it also helps tighten up the core. When I left my non-working arm dangling, it seemed to throw off the exercise a bit.
Pull the bar up, just like you normally would. Arch in the lower back, tight core, head looking forward to maintain the arch in the lower back, keep the bar close to your legs, hold your breath at the bottom to maintain core stability, etc.

Here's the top position.

Lower back down and repeat - as for reps, I like to alternate reps with hands either in pairs or in singles, meaning I'll do two reps with my left hand then two reps with my right, or one rep left, one rep right, going back and forth.
This gives you more even workload on the body. Make sure you keep the reps even.
Here's the left arm demo.

You'll notice at the top, I'm not 100% vertical. I found if I stand completely up, the bar then starts swinging around sideways because of how it then hits my legs. So stay a bit short and keep the bar positioned in front of you.
Here are some head-on views.

You can see in this pic how there is some rotation in the lower back at the start of the rep at the bottom. This is what makes this a valuable exercise.

That's the exercise! You'll find it really hits the hamstrings well in addition to targeting the core and the lower back with uneven tension. It's like training awkward movement on purpose to help strengthen the body in cases where perfect technique is not possible.
tiomio123
tiomio's Title
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/11/09 14:15:31 (permalink)
Toevallig donderdag nog gedaan Wreckless die oefening blij Vind het wel rot om m'n hand precies in de midden van de stang te krijgen zodat hij niet gaat hangen naar 1 kant. Heb ze lichtjes gedaan omdat het 1e keer was, 80kg. Volgende week weer ietsje verhogen.
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/11/24 18:48:05 (permalink)
Ik doe ze voorlopig met db's. Gelukkig gaan die bij ons op de club redelijk hoog, wel tot zo'n 60kg ! ! !

Enfin: de links naar ganse Excercises You've Never Tried Before reeks van T-nation werkt niet meer. Maar je kan ze hier weer wel vinden: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/exercises/exercises_youve_never_tried_1

Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2008/11/26 22:12:03 (permalink)
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2009/02/02 00:54:41 (permalink)
http://www.staleytraining.com/articles/nick-nilsson/2009/graphics/heavy-dumbell-swings/heavy-dumbell-swings.wmv

Heavy Dumbell Swings

By Nick Nilsson

This is partly an ab exercise, partly a leg exercise, partly a shoulder exercise, partly a back exercise and very a much a total-body exercise.
The concept is simple...pick up a single dumbell then swing it up as high as you can in front of you!
There are some tricks to it, though.
First, you'll need a moderately heavy dumbell. Start moderate the first time you do it so you can get an idea of how much you can handle. I'm using a 115 lb dumbell here.

Squat down and pick it up, gripping on the handle with both hands (one hand will lock over the other).

Come up a bit then swing the dumbell forward a bit to get some momentum.

Now swing the dumbell back between your legs.

NOW power it up as high as you can using leg power, ab power, shoulder power and back power!

You're not trying to do a front raise with this...you're trying to swing that dumbell high and powerfully!

Let the dumbell swing back down again to the position behind your legs.

For me, because of how heavy the dumbell is, I don't want to immediately try and swing it back up - that'll put a lot of torque on the lower back. So I set the dumbell down on the floor here.

Then I begin the rep again just as I described. You'll see exactly what I mean in the video.
Basically, lift it up, swing it forward a bit, then take a backswing then heave it up!
This is an excellent exercise for building total-body power and, believe me, you'll get a cardio workout out of it, too.
coolgreentea
Feather Weight
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2009/05/03 22:18:21 (permalink)
Ik heb nu 1,5 keer de eerste serie erop zitten. Eén keer heb ik alle oefeningen op 2 na afgewerkt en toen in een Engelstalig forum het volgende commentaar gepost (ga niet vertalen). En vanaf afgelopen zaterdag doe ik er gewoon 2 of 3 aan het eind van een training.
Something entirely different for today. And hopefully a trend for the future.
I did odd lifts and exercises today, starting with article 1 of the ‘Exercises You’ve Never Tried Before’ : http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=218exer
  This was however a blatant lie as I already did 3 of these before. I dropped the 2 latter ones.
Nobody I thought who was worthwhile to drop a db on his toe.
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2009/07/03 18:32:29 (permalink)
Die post hierboven is wel een erg alternatieve vorm van spam.

iig.. kom er niet aan toe om de oefeningen nog eens af te werken, te druk met andere zaken.

Maar toevallig vandaag wel 2 nieuwe dingen uitgeprobeerd.
Mijn sportschool heeft onlangs zowel een kettlebell (24kg) als ook 2 scheepstouwen aangeschaft. Kettlebell zelf is nieuw voor me maar de oefening niet, dus die sla ik even over.

Wel nieuw : de undulating rope wave.

Hier is een videootje: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY_aJhd9SfI&hl=nl

ook nieuw: de Sots press.
Net zoals de renegade row (in pushup positie een db row uitvoeren) ook een combinatie-oefening, onderin de squat, een BTN military press uitvoeren

Deze dame doet aan het begin een Sots press (en daarna nog wat andere oefeningen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76e78wokZvE
sis
NO Sissy !!
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2009/10/04 22:28:20 (permalink)
Deze hamstring oefening is weer eens wat anders:

klik
3XL
Senior Moderator
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2009/10/05 13:37:11 (permalink)
Reverse hyperextensions
tiomio123
tiomio's Title
RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2009/10/05 15:44:02 (permalink)
Voor traps: 2DB's vasthouden in een horizontale lijn (waar je zegmaar eindigt met side-raises) en dan shrugs doen, je voelt ze echt keihard branden. Ben zelf niet zo'n fan van gewone shrugs, er zit altijd iets in de weg en het voelt nooit goed.
FunctionalFit
Feather Weight
Re: RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2011/02/15 12:19:08 (permalink)
Sow, hier staan wel wat mooie oefeningen tussen.. Die ga ik eens in alle rust na.. Misschien kom ik nog tot leuke toevoegingen..
Dave Hawk
IFBB/NBBF wereldrecordhouder
Re: RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2011/02/15 21:18:28 (permalink)
FunctionalFit

Sow, hier staan wel wat mooie oefeningen tussen.. Die ga ik eens in alle rust na.. Misschien kom ik nog tot leuke toevoegingen..

Zijn idd leuk om eens te proberen en zo wat afwisseling in je schema te brengen.
Ik heb weleens dagen dat ik voor een spier 3a 4 van dit soort onbekende oefeningen doe, leuk om het eens uit de kast te
halen en dit soort dingen brengt me ook altijd op nieuwe ideeenknipoog.
Espi
meten = weten!
Re: RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2011/02/16 21:56:14 (permalink)
Even plakken wat ik net gepost heb in draad van SheRu over rotatorcuff oefeningen: de blackburns en pushup perturbations waren nieuw voor me. Zelfs de simpele exo-rotatie oefening had nog wat kleine variaties die ik nog niet kende. Echt de enige situatie die je kan bedenken waarbij een db van 1kg nuttig is.

Ook nog even uitleg over standing face pull erbij door Cressey

Dynamic blackburns zijn simpeler dan je denkt

En die pushup perturbations is simpelweg dat iemand lichtjes aan je duwt en sjort als je in de pushup stand bent. (ook van Cressey)

SheRu
Go John Henry!
Re: RE: Excercises You've Never Tried Before 2011/02/16 21:58:20 (permalink)
Dynamic Blackburns zijn verraderlijk. Retezwaar, heb ze ooit wel 's geprobeerd met 1kg gewichtjes, en dat was dus mooi niet te doen.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 11
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0