High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
3XL
Senior Moderator
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2004/09/05 20:09:38 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Marcus
rijgen Jaap, zal de relevante onderzoeken wel even opzoeken voor je.

Had je die al niet eens op EZ-DBF geplaatst? En had Jaap toen ook al niet een meer dan gewone intresse vertoond ?
jaap2
Feather Weight
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2004/09/05 20:36:13 (permalink)
nouhou 3, come on dat zou tussen ons blijven toch super blij

ik zit gewoon nog in de ontkenningsfase ik wil ook neger zijn
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2004/12/24 09:55:27 (permalink)
Wou dit weer even omhoog schoppen .. interessant leesvoer voor iedereen dat de moeite van het (her)lezen waard is!
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2006/06/26 00:07:07 (permalink)

Heb het eens doorgelezen.

Zet toch alles wat bekend was (of tenminste, wat we dachten te weten) over PWO op losse schroeven.
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2006/06/26 00:42:38 (permalink)
En dit artikel gaat er verder op in: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460746

De meeste praktische quotes:
"During your bout with the iron, you’ll need to maintain the right hormonal state for anabolism — let’s say 50 g of carbs sipped from a sports drink or diluted juice 30 minutes into a workout (maybe with 5 g creatine mixed-in). Why wait 30 minutes? Because drinking them earlier in a training session will blunt the exercise-induced GH response. We don’t want that."

"Drinking carbs during training won’t help you get leaner, but if size is your goal, it should help keep cortisol and interleukin-6 (IL-6, see below) concentrations down.1,7,8,9,13 Both are catabolic and both can be brought down with the right nutrition. Most lifters think only supplements like phosphatidyl serine (PS) can help reduce cortisol, but now you know that macronutrients alone can help. This is a lesseon well-learned from clinical settings where it’s well known that carbs are "protein sparing" for the body.
After lifting, you’ll need perhaps 50-100 g of high-glycemic-index carbs eaten (or drank) throughout the post-exercise "nutrient window." This phenomenon is well-documented and lasts for about two hours after you leave the gym. Muscle enzymes like glycogen synthase and glucose transporters (primarily the GLUT-4 type) are READY at this time. USE THEM! This window of opportunity used to be called the "carb window" by many, but recent data show that co-consumption of protein is advantageous, too.11 Here’s your shot at the holy grail of hypertrophy; don’t miss it. If you do, the next few days will be harder on you physically. You’ll likely be more fatigued and recovery will be mediocre."
3XL
Senior Moderator
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2006/06/26 07:50:09 (permalink)
The Top 10 Post Workout Nutrition Myths

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=659666

4. There’s a one-hour window of opportunity for protein synthesis following a workout.
You may be wondering: is this a myth because the real window is half an hour? Two or 3 hours? Maybe 6 hours? Sadly, in the past 2 weeks I’ve read different articles, all suggesting that the "window" is one of the above lengths of time.
It’s not surprising that with this type of inconsistency that this is probably the most pervasive myth in bodybuilding today! Worse yet, it stems directly from the scientific research itself. The most often cited research on the protein synthetic post workout window, used elderly subjects (Esmark et al., 2001) and cardio exercise findings (Levenhagen et al., 2001) to make their predictions. While this is a completely acceptable practice when these are the only data we have to go on, there are a couple noteworthy problems.
Elderly individuals digest and absorb protein differently than healthy adults. In fact, they digest and absorb whey protein in a similar manner as they do casein (Dangin et al., 2003); in other words they have slow digestion and absorption for whey. Elderly also benefit from having 80% of their daily protein consumed at a single sitting (Arnal et al., 1999), in contrast to the benefits of our multiple feedings.
Additionally, the traditionally referenced Esmark et al. (2001), study showed that consuming the post workout meal just 2 hours after working out actually prevented any improvements induced by the training! Figure that one out and you get a prize.
Secondly, with regards to cardio…well, let’s just say that there’s an obvious difference between how our muscles respond to the two forms of exercise. Bear in mind that with regard to carbohydrate metabolism following a workout, there might not be much of a difference—we just don’t know, but certainly the long-term protein metabolism differences can be seen.
So now what are we supposed to base our nutrition on? Enter the most underrated scientific paper in the last 5 years. Tipton and colleagues (2003) examined responsiveness of protein synthesis for a day after a workout, and found it to reflect a 24 hour enhanced level. That’s right folks, a FULL DAY! This means that having a morning shake will have the same impact on muscle protein synthesis as one consumed following the workout!
These results shouldn’t be too surprising because we’ve known for over a decade that postworkout protein synthesis is jacked up for this long (MacDougall et al., 1995), but if you’re discovering this for the first time, then it’s pretty exciting!
Some research suggests that even 48 hours after the workout our protein synthesis levels can be elevated by ~33% (Phillips et al., 1997), giving us an even longer period during which we can maximize our muscle growth with protein drinks.
Strike one for the one hour post workout window.

Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2006/06/26 14:38:35 (permalink)
Tsja, er zijn een hoop tegenstrijdige studies. En veel mensen zweren bij de formule waar ze ervaring mee hebben en die hun al zo ver gebracht heeft.

Ook de guru's op T-nation spreken elkaar vrolijk tegen.

Maar wat denk je zelf 3XL:
  • Moeten we dan onze PWO verschuiven naar P(re)WO ? ? ?
  • En enkel de klassieke P(ost)WO na een cardio-sessie? ? ?
  • En wel of niet op een sportdrankje sabbelen tijdens de KT ? ? ?
3XL
Senior Moderator
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2006/06/26 19:00:12 (permalink)
Zelf ben ik tot de conclusie gekomen dat pre-workout veel belangrijker is als post-workout.

Ik weet niet wat je verstaat onder "classiek" post-workout, maar als je bedoelt enorme bergen simpele suikers dan geloof ik daar al lang niet meer in. Ik heb eigenlijk vanaf dat post-workout supplementatie een hype werd in de eiwit hoek gezeten.

Persoonlijk neem ik wel "iets" tijdens het trainen, maar dat is niet zoveel in verglijking met wat sommige kant&klaar dranken leveren.

Ik zit momenteel (al een maand of 6) op het volgende en dat bevalt me prima

ca 45-30min voor de training 50gr weihydrolisaat
vlak voor en tijdens de training water+siroop (ca 1dl op 1L water)
direct na de training 50gr weihydrolisaat

Ik zit er aan te denken binnenkort met een combi hydrolisaat+Vitargo te gaan starten, maar ben net begonnen met creatine AKG en wil eerst kijken wat dit oplevert zonder andere veranderingen aan te brengen.

Zoals je ziet neem ik voor en na de training helemaal geen kh meer.
Wreckless
Super Heavy Weight
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2006/06/26 21:04:15 (permalink)
Ok, dan ga ik in het vervolg een pre work out shake nemen van 200ml half volle chocolademelk met 25 gr whey.
Tijdens de work-out neem ik altijd een AA Free motion (bevat glucosamine) en zo'n 100 kcal enkel uit kh.
Een half uurtje tot een uur na de training een gewone maaltijd met trage kh en eiwitten.

Wat denk je? Tot nu toe nam ik die chochoshake (zeg dat eens 5x snel na elkaar) altijd een half uurtje na de training.
Kweetet, das niet allemaal spitstechnologie en die gewone whey is trager dan de turbo van hydrolisaat.

Waar kan je die hydrolisaat trouwens vinden? Kvind het iig niet bij mijn standaard leveranciers, Performance en dit huis.

Kvind het een beetje raar dat je helemaal geen kh neemt voor of na de training.
Mag ik even David Barr citeren, je leest ook graag voor uit zijn artikelen knipoog

Super Simple Carbs
If I hear one more crack about carbs being "bad for you" I'm gonna start pelting people with frozen Atkins' bagels. While the occasional reduction of carbs may have its place, people interested in maximum muscle growth and recovery need to realize that carbohydrates are an essential part of this process.
There's no better time to consume carbs than after a workout. The body is primed at this time to suck up all that energy into the muscle cells to help with the repair process. Even the most diehard Atkins follower needs to be consuming carbs after a weight training workout! Don't believe me, you low carb acolytes out there? Well, you just better because I have a frozen bagel with your name on it and I ain't afraid to use it!
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459463
Espi
meten = weten!
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2006/06/26 22:13:20 (permalink)
Als 3XL op mij lijkt, uh, qua reactie op KH, niet qua lichaamscompositie, dan hebben KH voor de training amper zin.
Snelle KH maken zwak, trage KH leiden tot indigestie.
Na de training is het te laat.. je bent beter af met 'just-in-time' delivery, dus tijdens de training om cortisol te verlagen.

Stond het trouwens hier dat je voor het beste resultaat een half uurtje kon wachten tot na de start, dan had je nl. nog voordeel van het GH-effect . Dat geldt dan voor snelle KH, ik neem sucrose en dat heeft wat meer tijd nodig.
3XL
Senior Moderator
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2006/06/27 11:29:52 (permalink)
There's no better time to consume carbs than after a workout. The body is primed at this time to suck up all that energy into the muscle cells to help with the repair process

En dat klopt idd, als je een dursporter bent. Vergeet niet dat 99% van de Kh na de training onderzoeken gebasseerd zijn op duursporters.

En als ik me goed herinner is de maximale glycogeen aanvulling 5 mmol/kg spier en per uur (Bergstrom et al). Zware inspanning zoals KT verminderd de hoeveelheid glycogeen met ca 100mmol/kg spier per uur

Je lichaam heeft dus bij maximale opname minimaal 20 uur nodig om het verbruikte glycogeen van een uurtje trainen weer aan te vullen.

Maw je lichaam kan wel geprimed zijn op opname, maar zal toch nooit boven z'n max. opname uit kunnen komen en wat je te veel neemt gaat naar de vetopslag

Espi
meten = weten!
RE: High carbs for everyone?:Carb nightmare I,II en III - III 2006/06/27 13:07:26 (permalink)
Hoe vertaal je die 5 mmol/kg spier per uur naar een concreet aantal grammen?
Moleculair gewicht van glucose nemen, vervolgens je VVM erbij pakken en tralala, je hebt het aantal g KH dat je per uur kan innemen om je glycogeen aan te vullen?

http://members.aol.com/profchm/raoult.html wijst bijv aan dat mol gew. van glucose 180 is. 1 mol is 180g.
5 mmol/kg  is 0,9 g/kg spier. Aha.. hebbes. Komt heel fraai overeen met de hoeveelheid KH die ik meestal tijdens een training nam. Meer en ik werd lichtelijk hyper.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.0